Silverstein Alta Ambipoly Bb Clarinet Synthetic Reed
DR TOOT presents the Silverstein Alta Ambipoly Bb Clarinet Synthetic Reed.
Alta Ambipoly is the perfect reed choice for players already comfortable playing a synthetic reed. Ideal for the soloist, orchestral or jazz player because it produces quick response with minimal effort. This reed is full of a vibrant, colorful sonority with less “cover” resulting in a more direct, clear and up-front sound.
Alta plays with an equal projection to other reeds but also with a larger volume. Importantly, it has a depth and complexity of tonal colors that affords the clarinetist interesting timbral choices.
The altissimo has been re-engineered, up to fourth-octave altissimo C, and competes with any reed on the market for clarity, response and intonation. With a high degree of flexibility, it will respond in a robust manner to increases of intensity. Similarly, the reed’s greater dynamic range reduces to a clear whisper with minimal reed noise.
About the material:
- Concert-ready warm and round sound with immediate response and clarity
- Feels and plays like cane, not strange plastic
- Rich harmonics over a full dynamic range
- Clear altissimo
- Secure articulation and intonation
- Stable to temperature, humidity and altitude variation
- Guaranteed consistency that does not gradually degrade with use
- Absorbs and retains water for harmonic coherence
- Perfectly customizable with your favorite reed tool
- Mouth Safe synthetic material
- Expected lifespan: 12+ months
- Never splinters, no micro cracks