Selmer Paris Supreme “MODÈLE 2022” Alto Saxophone – Limited Edition
Out of stock
NB: The saxophone arrived safely from France on Friday, 8th July 2022 and has already found a new home in Nelson.
The Supreme alto “Modèle 2022” celebrates the 100th anniversary of the first saxophone to be manufactured in the Henri SELMER Paris workshops in 1922.
The sound of the Supreme is the result of a perfect balance between:
- A roundness combined with an immense richness of timbre
- An ideally distributed accuracy
- An ease and a flexibility of play that is unheard of
- A great power of projection
Produced in a limited series of 641 pieces (We received No. 359), this new version of the Supreme alto benefits from the same acoustic, mechanical and ergonomic qualities, but is distinguished by a specific, innovative and creative design.
Its exclusive matte dark gold finish is highlighted by the contrast of a palette of blacks on the guards, the body-to-bell grenadilla wood medallion, the pads and the mother-of-pearls. The patterns of its engraving, resolutely Art Déco, evoke the Paris of the Roaring Twenties, that saw the birth of the first SELMER saxophone.
Henri SELMER Paris entered the History of the Saxophone by presenting its first model in 1922, the “Modèle 22”.
The Supreme “Modèle 2022” pays tribute to the generations of craftspeople who have perpetuated a unique and precious know-how in our workshops in Mantes-la-Ville, where during the last hundred years, all the saxophone models have been designed and manufactured. It also celebrates the artistic richness of the 20th century, and of course the saxophone, which patiently waited until the 1920s to fully blossom through different repertoires.
In design, the Modèle 2022 is the same overall as the Supreme (released in 2021) but with a few unique touches that are more than aesthetic. The unique features of the Anniversary model are as follows:
- Limited Edition Number Stamping (declaring which number of the 641 the sax is)
- Unique Matte Dark Gold Finish with Matte Black Accents (key guards & octave key)
- Black Finger Pearls
- Special 100th Anniversary Engraving
- Black Leather Pads
- Custom wave-shaped metal resonators
- Custom body to bell brace featuring an iconic radio head microphone design, plated in gold and accented with Grenadilla wood.
The Supreme “Modèle 2022” alto saxophone comes with a Concept mouthpiece, a Supreme neck strap and a set of accessories designed specifically for this limited edition as per photo.
100% Made in France